Could I make use of a DAC with my setup?

I stream music (Spotify Premium) from my PC via 3.5mm cable into a Parasound P5 preamp, which is hooked to a Parasound A23 amp, and from there to Klipsch Fortes that I purchased new in 1986, I think. 

I had the impression that if I use a DAC before the P5 preamp, the DAC's output would be "reprocessed" by the DAC in the preamp, and, therefore, useless.

Is my impression correct?  Thanks!
forsooth
OP... I'm not sure what PC you are using, but the 3.5mm output on a Mac is digital when fed to a digital device.

@djones51 I looked up the Micromega M100, and that looks like a pretty awesome piece of equipment.  They are not giving them away, either.  :'>  The company makes an array of audio products - cd players, DACs, etc. - pretty impressive.  Have you tried their MyDAC?
@lowrider57  I'm using an old Acer desktop that originally came with Windows 7 (I think) and now has been "upgraded" to Windows 10.  Every time I get an MS software update, the USB keyboard and mouse stop working and I have to unplug and plug each to get them work again.  Definitely long in the teeth, but, overall, it is like my 2001 Toyota Echo -- it just keeps going and going.
No this is the only micromega product I have owned.  I got it for the room correction the streaming capabilities was a surprise. It connects to my library, internet radio, tidal I am hoping they add Qobuz. 
To be sure they will.  Both French companies.  Would be unpatriotic if they did not work together! :')