Road trip to demo $10,000 speakers

I'm going to take a several hour road trip to the Washington DC/Baltimore area to demo some speakers in the $10,000 range for a once in a lifetime purchase. I plan on listening to some Magico A3's, Aerial Acoustic 7T's, and Spendor D-9's. One of the dealers also has Paradigm Persona 3F's on the floor, so I'll take a listen to them too. While I'm up there are there any other speakers in that price range you'd recommend I try to locate and take a listen to. I'm open to and welcome your suggestions and will take the time to research each one as well.

I'm not in the market for used equipment. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Mike

skyscraper
A "live performance" only counts if it is unamplified. Otherwise, depending on equipment and skill of the sound engineer, the results can be from awesome to gawd awful.

In an acoustic live performance, instruments are easily localized, focused and have the appropriate scale. Sections do not expand and contract or perambulate. If one listens to MP3, that is exactly what happens due to phase errors. This should not happen with uncompressed program but all too often does. The denser the material the more confused it becomes.

People drink CharBux, but it's an extremely poor excuse for coffee.

As my dear old Nan was wont to say, "There's no accounting for taste"
Joe, The only reason I don't want used, is that speakers, like used cars, may have been abused or damaged, and potential defects may be hidden to the untrained eye or expensive to repair later on. I've had enough problems over the years with my own well cared for stereo equipment to not want the experience of dealing with someone else's equipment if I'm not sure of how they treated theirs.

Having to deal with repairs I don't know how to do is one of the reason's I'm replacing my own vintage equipment. Learning how to do basic repairs on my B&O turntable because nobody locally could do them, was a stess I don't wish to repeat. I've got enough time consuming repair or maintenance work to do around here on things I do know how to do. I would like to learn about electronics, but probably won't ever get around to it. 

Glupson, Sorry for the typo. Above, when you replied about "squids" I meant to say "You could be correct....... For some reason you can't correct typos on this site if you don't catch them right away. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Inna4,  be nice.

Ieales, thanks again for your input.

well with a decent wood working shop you can build your own diffusers in exotic woods...I love the look of RPG..
your room will be better than 90% out there because of the ceilings...check out Rudy Van Gelders studio.......
what state are you in ?
Thank you for the courtesy of replying to everyone's questions and comments. That makes you a gentleman and a great Agoner! Good luck in your quest. Joe
Tomic601, I am in Virgina, just north of Roanoke, a few hours southwest of Washington DC. I am looking forward to building stands for my DQ10’s if nothing else. I couldn’t afford them along with the DQ10’s, back in my 20’s. I do have to figure out what kind of wood, likely not exotic, they used on their side panels in order to match it on the stands. I have a vague, but unlikely, memory it might have been pecan

I’ll look up Rudy Von Gelders studio as you suggest, I’ve a number of recordings he engineered. That’ll be interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Joe, kind of you to say. Thank you. And I probably will be needing some luck making a determination considering the number of recommendations provided here. Great site and members. I’m very pleased with the helpful content and number of responses received.

Mike