klipsch speakers,be honest

here's the deal,i have khorns & cornwalls,i struggled with the sound from them for what seems like a life time,i took some very sound advice from fellow ag members & it really paid off,it seems as im listening to them for the 1st time,i cant believe how good the sound is,anybody else ever been suprised by how good a pair of klipsch can sound when they are set up properly.

even if you hate klipsch speakers i can take it just dont bash them without an explaination of why you hate them,
be honest,i wont get offended.
128x128bigjoe
The mid horns in Heresy IIIs are smooth and accurate as long as clean amps are driving them. The 12" woofers in these may be "short throw" only because they're designed for impact to 58hz only...my "long throw" subs add the throwiness component to the party, as long as nothing gets thrown at me.
Tatum

Klipschorns = no subwoofer need apply. If you don't agree, you've either never heard them in the right room, or never heard them at all.

My guess is the latter.

Oz
In Wolf's defense he is talking about the Heresy III.  I own the original Heresys (2 pair no less) and the bass clearly rolls off at the published 50 Hz +- 5Db. From a long time owner (since 1976) I always thought the bass could benefit from reinforcement, I can understand employing a subwoofer.
The Klipschorn however has a 20Hz bass frequency response, obviating the need for any bass reinforcement.
I'm glad I'm not the only person using the word "obviating." And I bristle at comments relative to musical style driving speaker preference... "Also remember orchestral and classical music which was more dominant at that time, which made different demands on speakers." No it didn't (make sound specific demands), and no it doesn't now, although I would imagine more financially successful classical (and jazz) freaks back in the day were more likely to have the money and space to buy gigantic folded horn cabinets for their parlors. Klipschorns and Altecs were dominant in movie theaters and concert halls...I had a pair of Altec A7s used for my band PA that were amazing when used for stereo things here and there (rarely) but were just too big for all but the grandest of homes. I once leant those to Loggins and Messina when we opened for them as they hadn't brought their "side fill" speakers to Hawaii for some reason (Clair Brothers were to blame)...that has nothing to do with this topic, but I threw it in anyway as it makes me feel "special."
Wolf weren't told as a child that everyone is special.Are Altec 7s the VOTT with those big multi cellular horns? I  wanted those years ago, but not now.  I could have put them or Klipschorns in my basement where my LaScalas were. Where my main system was.