klipsch speakers,be honest

here's the deal,i have khorns & cornwalls,i struggled with the sound from them for what seems like a life time,i took some very sound advice from fellow ag members & it really paid off,it seems as im listening to them for the 1st time,i cant believe how good the sound is,anybody else ever been suprised by how good a pair of klipsch can sound when they are set up properly.

even if you hate klipsch speakers i can take it just dont bash them without an explaination of why you hate them,
be honest,i wont get offended.
128x128bigjoe
In Wolf's defense he is talking about the Heresy III.  I own the original Heresys (2 pair no less) and the bass clearly rolls off at the published 50 Hz +- 5Db. From a long time owner (since 1976) I always thought the bass could benefit from reinforcement, I can understand employing a subwoofer.
The Klipschorn however has a 20Hz bass frequency response, obviating the need for any bass reinforcement.
I'm glad I'm not the only person using the word "obviating." And I bristle at comments relative to musical style driving speaker preference... "Also remember orchestral and classical music which was more dominant at that time, which made different demands on speakers." No it didn't (make sound specific demands), and no it doesn't now, although I would imagine more financially successful classical (and jazz) freaks back in the day were more likely to have the money and space to buy gigantic folded horn cabinets for their parlors. Klipschorns and Altecs were dominant in movie theaters and concert halls...I had a pair of Altec A7s used for my band PA that were amazing when used for stereo things here and there (rarely) but were just too big for all but the grandest of homes. I once leant those to Loggins and Messina when we opened for them as they hadn't brought their "side fill" speakers to Hawaii for some reason (Clair Brothers were to blame)...that has nothing to do with this topic, but I threw it in anyway as it makes me feel "special."
Wolf weren't told as a child that everyone is special.Are Altec 7s the VOTT with those big multi cellular horns? I  wanted those years ago, but not now.  I could have put them or Klipschorns in my basement where my LaScalas were. Where my main system was.
Voice of many theaters, and I have no idea what Klipschorns sounded like then (or currently) as nobody I knew had them. The pro version of the Klipsch apparently had the tweeter, which could have helped the Altecs somewhat maybe...the A7s were very "woody" sounding with a 900hz or so crossover which meant that horn had a really wide range...not sure if ours had phase plugs, or at least I never noticed one when replacing the horn diaphragms. They were likely 1970 or 71ish versions.
I’ve heard several recent models recently and latest models are very good products overall and could make a lot of people happy including most likely me.

Have not heard any older models in recent years but the consensus seems to be those often need tweaks to compete with more modern designs, as is the case probably for many vintage speaker designs out there.

Klipsch has been around a long time so not reasonable to compare 50+ year old speakers to modern equivalents.