The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
Looking at the spec, those new L100s are mostly just look-a-likes compared to the vintage L100s.  I would be very surprised if they sound even remotely similar.  The in the originals, the woofer operated full range without crossover.  Only LF blocking caps on the mid and tweeter.  The cone tweeter only operated up to about 17 kHz.  That being said I heard many L100s back in the day and liked them a lot.  I bought a pair a few years ago for my bedroom system.  I preferred my vintage ADS L710 by a pretty wide margin, so I sold the L100s.
That is a speaker I don't understand at all. If I was looking for a retro rehash of a West coast speaker I'd drop my $4k a pair of ESS. 
I still listen to my L100s bought in 1976 for $800. They’ve been re-coned and I upgraded the crossover for a big improvement. I even replaced the foam grills that my 35 yo son ripped up when he was a toddler. Original Burnt Orange.
Rollin

I'm a recent owner of the new JBL4429.

It's just a fantastic speaker with non-fatiguing treble, great mids, and extremely tuneful bass.

This speaker blew-out many "audiophile  favorite" brands during a recent gear upgrade frenzy.

I got mine, loved them, then the L100 reissue came-up for presale. Very tough to resist, but I'm "loving the horn".

For the investment, I am blown away with my Ohm I's. Purchased them on eBay for $400, Sent them to Ohm, had them replace high tweeters and 12" woofers with new. New rosewood veneer on the cabinets. Total investment was about $1000. They sound better than what I remember back in the early 80's. Running some good power through them, and it's amazing!