The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
That is a speaker I don't understand at all. If I was looking for a retro rehash of a West coast speaker I'd drop my $4k a pair of ESS. 
I still listen to my L100s bought in 1976 for $800. They’ve been re-coned and I upgraded the crossover for a big improvement. I even replaced the foam grills that my 35 yo son ripped up when he was a toddler. Original Burnt Orange.
Rollin

I'm a recent owner of the new JBL4429.

It's just a fantastic speaker with non-fatiguing treble, great mids, and extremely tuneful bass.

This speaker blew-out many "audiophile  favorite" brands during a recent gear upgrade frenzy.

I got mine, loved them, then the L100 reissue came-up for presale. Very tough to resist, but I'm "loving the horn".

For the investment, I am blown away with my Ohm I's. Purchased them on eBay for $400, Sent them to Ohm, had them replace high tweeters and 12" woofers with new. New rosewood veneer on the cabinets. Total investment was about $1000. They sound better than what I remember back in the early 80's. Running some good power through them, and it's amazing!
Enthusiasts have no problem paying big money for Harbeths ( or dealers charging big money for them) in 2018. I don't see how this is any different. There's obviously a market for vintage gear or at least gear with the vintage look ( Luxman, Leben, Klipsch, etc.). I've never heard the L100s, but in a sea of narrow baffle home theater boxes, it's nice to see a retake on a classic.