Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
prof - the whole bit of identifying and challenging assumptions is at the core of progress. In a scientific / research based proposition like Thiel Audio, we did it every day to ascertain that we were true to our vision, rather than believing accepted orthadoxy. It was so painfully interesting to see the new owners do the opposite, to mine any perceived values for assumed advantage. Their first sales manager, Steve DeFuria, an industry friend and long-time Thiel dealer, tried to include me in the realignment / assessment discussions. But ownership was not interested in "the past", which is of course a mis-assumption of what I would bring to the table. They got it wrong at every turn. We'll see if we can collectively keep an ember alive and build some joy around the campfire.
tomthiel
the ember is very well and alive indeed. This campfire is blazing!
Keep those wonderful memories and backstories a comin'.

Happy Listening!
I've been struggling along trying to absorb as much as I can from the great discussion thus far, and the campfire is indeed blazing!
 I'm remembering my first Thiel, which was an 03A. I bought them along with a PS Audio Elite, both of which I kept for many years and lots of moves. 
Having sold all my HT and 2 channel stuff, I'm starting over in a new smaller place. However, I seem to have a good sized listening room, but with a towering cathedral ceiling. I've been counseled in this forum to abandon thoughts of a 1.5 or 1.6, so was about to settle on a pair of 3.5's with the equalizer. But wait-there suddenly appears on the horizon a pair of CS 7's. For a very good price. And he'll even ship them! Please tell me they are too big. The only Thiels I have not owned are the 7 series and the 1 series. The price is less than a 2.4 and close to the last pair of 2.3's I saw listed. ...
Oh man, I was just reading an old review of the Thiel 3.7s, naturally a rave, and had this tinge of regret creeping over me.  I had those speakers!  They were incredible!

But then I remember why I had to sell them.  Yes, I HAD to sell them! (Must keep telling myself that...)
prof
I was able to audition both the 3.7s and the 2.7s, with my own classical  CDs, in the same location on the same day.   Loved both; with the only difference being  the falloff in the bottom octave. However,  size  decided in favor of the 2.7s. Later added an SS2.2 sub, and am still very, very happy.