No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need

It goes back to cable manufaturars, mostly provide no relevant data! to sales and the users. None will answer this!
Whay do you think that you own now the optimal cable to your setup?
I think I've figured it out. 

b4icu
Post removed 
Keppertup: Well I am quite familiar with the ladder line concept from Ham Radio RF work.  I would lean to it being hard to hear differences at audo but given the affordable nature and hands on fun (kind of like op amp rolling)I am leaning to trying it but it will likely take a while to get to and have the team together to do my blind test hook up for me.I like that it has BIG parameter changes vs 12 g copper zip.
Dear Ganainm,

Please a look at the work of Steve Reeve (image99.net, click on Audio Alchemy) regarding noise created by parallel + and - wires.  Steve’s approach to a solution is different.  I have assembled his cables and they are very good.  My ears prefer the wires being separated by substantial space as opposed to Steve’s Helix (coil) design.

Cheers
keppertup  said: "Ebay is selling 25 feet of 0 AWG copper wire for $23.  I will buy it, install it and report back. " 

At that price, you can be sure it is copper clad aluminum wire.

I purchase solid core (currently AQ biwire works for me) and plug it in...I then listen to music and completely forget about it (the wire, not the music). I am very careful about it being long enough to reach the furthest speaker...hey...I'm a perfectionist.