Home Theater Receiver recommendations for B&W 803S?

Hi!  I'm on the hunt for a new receiver, since I recently upgraded my main speakers, and I'd like to have one that also passes 4K signal.  

My current setup:

Denon AVR-4308CI
Left & Right: B&W 803S
Center: B&W HTM2
Surrounds B&W 301
Sub: Energy 8"

I recently upgraded to the 803S's on the left/right; replacing my original Nautilus 805's.  Now I need to upgrade the rest of the system!

I think the first step is the receiver, especially since I'd like to be able to pass 4K to my projector.   Then will likely upgrade the sub (Am considering the Monoprice Monolith, 10" or 12"...). And I'm also on the hunt for a HTM3S, to better match the 803S's. 

I'd love to know what Receiver recommendations folks have that will pair nicely with these speakers.  Ideally under ~$2K  - and I really don't care much about other bells & whistles (multi zone, bluetooth, wifi, whatever). I'd rather the money go into the best possible D/A, amplifiers, etc... and leave other tech gadgetry to other boxes.

Appreciate any/all input! Thanks!  :)

Ag insider logo xs@2xawilder
uhm, no.  I'm suggesting adding an amplifier to connect to your current Denon receiver. 
Ok, then I'm now a bit confused.  ?

Because of your 4K requirement, it is going to be difficult to find a good processor in your budget. I think the only thing I would recommend is to go get a previous generation Marantz AV8802a.  

You were asking about the Bryston SP3, which is a HT Processor.  This is not a "receiver".  It is a mult-channel preamp/processor and still requires an amplifier.  If you are looking for an HT Processor, it becomes difficult to get a good one for your budget because of your requirement to support 4K through HDMI.
----
The first thing we really talked about in this thread is the ability for a receiver to drive your B&W speakers properly.  Since you already have the most powerful receiver, we are suggesting an amplifier first.  You can use RCA cables to connect the amplifier to the receiver to power individual speakers.
Thanks for clarifying.

If I simply get another amp to power my front speakers (and keep using the Denon for signal processing), I still won’t be able to switch 4K through the Denon.

So I started thinking that maybe I could get a preamp and then continue to use the Denon as a 5-channel amp. The Bryston SP3 or Marantz AV8802A would both be pretty close to my budget for now (if I’m willing to push up to $3k, which may be a foregone conclusion. heh.)

Is it better to spend money on a newer/better preamp that can do 4K (and keep the Denon as a straight amp), or just buy another all-in-one? (If I do separate to preamp/amp, I could also plan on replacing the Denon with a "proper" 5-channel amp later.)

Thoughts?

Yes, you could get a HT Processor like the Bryston SP3 or Marantz AV8802a and use the "Ext. In" inputs on the back of your Denon to use the Denon "as an amplifier".  However, the signal would still be going through the preamp section of the Denon.  It would almost defeat the purpose of getting a high quality HT Processor in the first place.  Using the Denon "Pure Direct" mode may help a little bit here, but your still going through Denon preamp circuits.  So, ultimately, you'll have to decide what is a higher priority for you -- either 4K support or sound quality.
----
If 4K support is first priority, then yes you can get an HT Processor now like the SP3 / AV8802a.  And then get an amplifier later.

---
If sound quality is first priority, then I would say get the amplifier now and use the Denon receover as an HT Processor/preamp.  Then get a real HT Processor later.