A trend I've noticed in ads.

More and more, I'm seeing in Agon ads sellers listing a piece as "new" when it is clearly not. Just a note of caution to potential buyers.
secretguy
I find the 'five years old, never out of box until I took these photos' (funny how it got all dusty in the box). 'Planned to use it but fell through. Now it can be YOURS for 90% of list!'
Here's one I absolutely love.... The item I am selling is brand new!.."I only opened the factory sealed box to take pictures for all you nice people". (duh) 
Then there was a guy recently selling an EAR 834L preamp
with "Less than 50" hours of use. Oddly somehow the EAR logo
was partially worn off near the dial.
...And here's the thing about brand new in a sealed box.....

Always check the bottom of the box!!!  

I sold audio gear at the retail level almost 30 years ago, and whenever we opened up a box for floor display, we always opened the box from the bottom.  If it was on display for a very short time and was still totally pristine, if you boxed it up neatly and replaced the tape on the bottom just as neatly, no one would notice that it was a re-pack.  Check the bottom taping job!  The top taping job looks perfect; if the bottom doesn't look the same, you'll know it might be a repack and not brand new out of the box.  But if it still comes with full warranty, then don't worry.  
Post removed