JBL - almost nothing for sale, why?

I wonder why that is...the JBL L100 made me fall in love with hi fidelity back in like 1978, when I heard for the first time how amazing recorded music can sound. 
ovaklakah
In the 70's JBL made some great speakers that blew away a lot of competition. Today, to a smaller degree. We all remember the first speakers we had that made us "fall in love" with the sound. Back in the day, JBL was a powerhouse in home audio speakers not just for home but in the commercial end.Audio manufactures have come a long way since the 70's. I have been around since then. Speakers builders sprang up since that era and decided to build ones that would outperform JBL and a few other major brands and cost less.Whatever today's trend is......if you remember what sound you heard and loved that is the most important. Everyone has different "ears" and "tastes".
Just do what you like.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis95dja-jbl-everest-dd-67000-speakers-full-range

If you are die-hart JBL fan, then you shall try above.

I had been blow away by seemless dynamics of the speaker when I heard the speaker 10 years ago but I did not have enough space to have it at that time.

I have nothing to do with above listing.

For anyone who has any doubts about how good JBL speakers are, whether they're old or new, take a look at Kenrick Audio over on Youtube. 

I've mentioned this before but it bears reminding. They can still sound great.

All the best,
Nonoise
I wonder what the new and improved $4k JBL L100 offer that the originals did not?  
I was there back in the day and, while JBL made maybe the best drivers, I was never knocked out by the speakers, except for my uncle’s JBL Paragon. When I was in my teens, my bud had the Century 100s and even then I preferred my Cerwin Vegas. Almost hard to believe. But I certainly understand that people want them now because it reminds them of their youth. Just like the newer Mustangs and Camaros are based on the 69-70 models. (Had a 70 Mach 1 myself, so I know) When I worked in the studios, the JBL4311 was the big thing before the Yamaha NS10m and the joke about the JBLs were that they sounded so bad that if you got a mix sounding good on them, it would sound good on anything. But I think it's great that JBL is reissuing the older models.  I bet they will sell a ton in Japan.