Speakers for a very large room?

Reader of posts for a few years but have not posted a serious question until now. Currently have McIntosh integrated tube amp with some old KEF speakers. While I enjoy it in my current setting, I am moving to a house where my listening room will be 30' x 40' x 10'. It has polished concrete floors. Sounds like a grocery store but it is not. I suspect I will need to change speakers but really have no clue where to start. I listen mostly to progressive rock but also anything in the same general area. I don't know where to start with such a room? I am at least 3 hours from any major city. I did experience Treo CTs once and to bright for my ears and Wilsons but did not care for the visual appearance though liked the sound better. It was a few years ago so can't better define what I liked.  Not a great resume of listening experience but it is what it is at this point. For some reason, which may be completely wrong, I am thinking electrostatic may work well in this setting. I could easily move them 5 feet out from the back wall but then again I really don't know what I am talking about. Any kind comments would be appreciated.

Rich
ricmci
Thank you Larry. I have considered that but I am not sure my SO will allow such a thing hung in the corners of the room. I think I can probably get away with some throw rugs. That is always the push-pull of this situation. If I can't do room treatments then I will have to upgrade speakers and/or consider room correction device. Maybe I will enjoy my current KEFs in my new home but thinking otherwise right now.
Thank you eric_squires. I was not familiar with JBL Studio Monitors until you gave your strong recommendation for them. I am sure they sound just fantastic in your set up. I only wish I could upgrade to that level of listening that you endorse.  Maybe one day I will be so lucky.  Thanks for your insight. We all should be so greatful to receive such well thought out replies.
I’d consider these:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis96g35-jbl-synthesis-1400-array-full-range

These speakers are designed for far-field listening. I’d wager their imaging is nothing impressive <8’, but give them >11’....
https://youtu.be/H2qLQ47HWYU

Go ahead and start shopping for a massive rug as well, you’re gonna need one.

Sound Lab also makes great speakers for larger rooms but you'd need to look in the used market to find one within your budget. Eminent Technology is another great option for Electrostatic speakers. I think they sound much (much) better than other comparably priced magnetic planar or electrostatics. Magnepans are another obvious option but they may need more power depending on which model McIntosh integrated   you have.
I would say that working with your SO is going to be critical here. I'm not an experienced audiophile but a room that large with concrete floors is bound to be a sonic challenge. Working with your SO to make the acoustic treatments things that she likes or will tolerate would be the way to go IMHO. I'm talking about rugs, heavy curtains, even decorative rugs hung on the walls.

Also, is there an option for creating a room within the room? Possibly using acoustic panels, furniture, etc to create a smaller more focused listening space? Or is the goal to fill the entire room with sound?