Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
I will. I am thinking I can bastardize an old dust bug to make it safer. The dust bug creates static and causes more problems than it solves, even though it has a ground wire. I think using the ground wire with the electrode would be counterproductive, as we want all the positrons to stay near the LP and not drain down the wire. 

My turntable is an Oracle Alexandria MK III, so it has suspension towers so I can use the same approach as in @helomech's post, also.
Tried not to say this. But, I will be surprised if the electrode way works besides psychologically. I do not see how the positron got generated on the electrode. Even it does,  the gap between the electrode and record just way too big unless you have a tremendous amount of static on record. The same principle (gap too big) applies if grounding the electrode. I can be wrong.
No luck with the Zero here as well.   Even bought a new one discounted a bit on ebay if I recall.   
@skiro, I bought a NIB Zerostat on Ebay and it works, even lights up the test thingee.
Question... when you pull the trigger and release it slowly does it either make a clicking sound or feel like there is friction on the trigger?

If you do this procedure to your hand, can you feel any air blow out of the gun?

If so, the Zero is functional.

@skiroe and @lowrider57 may talk about a different issue. A functional Zerostat gun is capable of generating a certain amount positron, but not enough to zep the spark (a large amount of static). A large amount of static needs a very strong an-static device to neutralize it. I tried industrial anti-static blower and furutech destat II (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4HAbC_WDHU). Even those device, it takes a while to neutralize the static. Please aware that the static is existing on both sides of the record. If only treat top side, you will still feel or hear the static when pulling the record from the platter. It also depends on when you apply the zerostatic shot, (i.e. before or after the static generated). You will feel not working if the static generated after applied shot. The source that generating static needs to be located even not easy.