Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
@skiroe and @lowrider57 may talk about a different issue. A functional Zerostat gun is capable of generating a certain amount positron, but not enough to zep the spark (a large amount of static). A large amount of static needs a very strong an-static device to neutralize it. I tried industrial anti-static blower and furutech destat II (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4HAbC_WDHU). Even those device, it takes a while to neutralize the static. Please aware that the static is existing on both sides of the record. If only treat top side, you will still feel or hear the static when pulling the record from the platter. It also depends on when you apply the zerostatic shot, (i.e. before or after the static generated). You will feel not working if the static generated after applied shot. The source that generating static needs to be located even not easy.
@spincat, good point about static on the underside of the record. But does it affect sonics or tracking performance?

I doubt that static on the underside affects sound or tracking until you turn the LP over and play it. It's just that it compounds the problem when it is played. A fellow neurotic advised me to de-stat both sides and the mat before each play. I am not doing that! I'm not that bad yet; but it shows that we have a progressive disease.

The welding electrodes arrived yesterday and I played with them a bit. They definitely do something. They attract some things and repel others that are bound to a MoFi inner sleeve by static, but it takes quite a while to make them drop off. I don't think the rod over the LP while it's playing will work for me unless I let the record spin for 5 minutes before playing. I probably have a very static-filled environment, even though I humidify. However, leaving several rods on the mat for 15 minutes before a session seems to help. Normally after I play a side and lift the lid I immediately see dust being attracted to the LP. I saw almost none yesterday.

I'll keep experimenting and report any success.
@2channel8, it is good to know that the electrodes working well for you. The cartridge is such a sensitive device (measures from few milli-volts to sub-milli-volts). The static measures mostly from hundreds of volts. The typical thickness of record is from 1mm to 3mm. The impact is there. Most of the people do not hear the impact of static. They feel it because of the spark or pull from the platter. The impact on the cartridge is there even no spark or pull from the platter. It sounds degraded (edgy, fewer details, definition, extensions, etc). There is no turning back after heard how vinyl sounds without static. Just my experiences of dealing with static.

There are many reasons (recording, cartridge, arm, table setup) that some people do not hear the differences. This is also perfectly fine.

I tend to agree with controlling humidity, or lack there of, and using a brush with a ground connected to it. I used to live in the Midwest where humidity was in abundance. But out In Arizona, well you gotta be careful not to get shocked out of your mind When touching ANYTHING metal.

I had a small device back in the mid 70's call a Static Master. It had a brush and metal grid with radio active Isotopes incased in ceramic beads. The brush and radioactivity  would suppress the static. I guess they felt this thing was to dangerous as the ceramic incasing was to prevent you from radiation poisoning if you accidentally  ingested or inhaled the Isotopes if they let loose from the grid!  Maybe that's why I'm bald now. lol.