Speakers positionning

I just try a new toe-in for my speakers, and it worth the move.  Instead of crossing the focus behind my head ( at position seat), now it cross in front of me at 2 feet.  The highs are well defined and present  with well blend music and no more edgy treble at "forté" passage...  But it depends of your room and speakers...  You can read more about here:
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/speaker-positioning-toe-in.321814/
audiosens
That’s weird. Most speakers will produce the best soundstage, frequency response, dynamics when pointing straight ahead, with no tie in or very little toe in. Of course speakers should be placed very carefully in the ideal locations for the magic to occur and the room should be thoughtfully treated 🤔 to address acoustic anomalies.
+1  Duke.   I've tried it also.    It works.   Much depends on the room.

@geoffkait wrote:

"Most speakers will produce the best soundstage, frequency response, dynamics when pointing straight ahead, with no toe in or very little toe in."

Agreed, for "most speakers". Well I’m not sure it makes much difference in dynamics.

However if good soundstaging over a wide listening area is a high priority, that’s something you won’t get with little or no toe-in. Ime speakers designed from the outset with a lot of toe-in mind, and then set up accordingly, do a much better job of giving good soundstaging over a wide listening area, and perceived tonal balance is theoretically improved as well. Again, not sure it makes much difference in dynamics.

Duke

Drivers will have an equal dispersion pattern laterally, i.e. to each side of the driver, so in terms of brightness, etc., a speaker oriented to cross 2' in front of your head should sound much the same as a speaker oriented crossing 2' behind your head.  But with most, not all, speakers, this will affect the soundstage.  Definitely worth experimenting, as each speaker, each room, and each interaction between the two, is different.
Going off-axis often reduces any top octave or higher ringing. An especially good idea for a lot of (but not all) metal tweeters, including some Be's.

Crossing in front of your head you reduce side wall reflections, so it makes sense to me, overall.

It's certainly a better idea to try first than new cables or amps. :)

Best,
E