Horns: Why don't they image well?

Anyone have a theory?

\\\\\\
o| O O |o
  \ . ^ . /
erik_squires
I was told that the new LaScala III will have a new tweeter and also have upgraded internal wiring (Audioquest?).  Price is 10K?  Can't confirm the accuracy of this, nothing is on the Klipsch website.
Mr. D,

You are right. No series iii that I can find. They looked new and I asked the guy in the room if they were the latest series and he said yes.   So if there is a new series in the works maybe these were them, not sure now.

Maybe someone else who was at the show knows for sure.

@kosst_amojan
Horns have to get pretty enormous to really play bass.

My speakers play a compromise on that- they use TAD 1602s (15", free air resonance at 22Hz, 97 db 1 watt 1 meter). They are set up with two woofers per cabinet. No problem playing flat to 20Hz. But the rest of the system is horn based. I've often wondered what a system like this could sound like if a Lowther or the like was employed using the same 500Hz crossover frequency.  But it images great (which doesn't come from a woofer anyway) so its been more of a thought exercise than anything else.
Wait...can we get back to my pizza question? I get frustrated when questions are ignored...
I don't see myself ever owning a pair of horns, at least not until I hear a pair that image significantly better than those LaScala. They were very nice sounding speakers. I'm willing to sacrifice a tad of dynamics for better imaging. I can totally understand how somebody would reverse those priorities and deem horns virtually perfect.