Speakers positionning

I just try a new toe-in for my speakers, and it worth the move.  Instead of crossing the focus behind my head ( at position seat), now it cross in front of me at 2 feet.  The highs are well defined and present  with well blend music and no more edgy treble at "forté" passage...  But it depends of your room and speakers...  You can read more about here:
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/speaker-positioning-toe-in.321814/
audiosens
Moral of the story: individual speakers vary a great deal, rooms vary a great deal, interactions between the two vary a great.  So, it's best to keep an open mind and experiment as much as possible, even with "unconventional" configurations.
newbee,

I have tried extreme toe-in and it had an adverse effect on stereo imaging. Thought I was listening to mono.

erik_squires   Very good advice, that I would want to know before, but it is part of experimentation, and with time, finding other tweeks :)
Ignore all advice from here or anywhere...move your speakers around until the image and tone sounds right for your tastes, and if you still aren't satisfied just buy different speakers or it's off to the headphone dealer.
More to discover