Speakers positionning

I just try a new toe-in for my speakers, and it worth the move.  Instead of crossing the focus behind my head ( at position seat), now it cross in front of me at 2 feet.  The highs are well defined and present  with well blend music and no more edgy treble at "forté" passage...  But it depends of your room and speakers...  You can read more about here:
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/speaker-positioning-toe-in.321814/
audiosens
When I recently had my speakers delivered I told the installers I wanted to have the speakers pointed straight ahead.  They indicated it was the first time they heard of that.
  By far, it’s the best solution for me.
I've always toed my speakers in. By doing so at such an angle moves the sound stage up front and center creating a sweet spot in front of the listener, like in a true live setting. A pro audio guy recommended it to me as an enhancement to the microphone configuration we were using for live audience recording. I've done it with JBL's and ATC's. I doubt it would work with electrostatics though.

Rollin
Uh, we’ve already established many folks get good results with toe in. That’s beside the point. It all comes down to what you’re trying to achieve and how far you’re willing to go. 
Another factor to consider is the space between the speakers.  In general, the farther apart the are, the more toe in may be needed.  Hard to imagine, for instance, that speakers 12 feet apart sound their best with no toe in.  Each of us has their own preference for sound.  Some may prefer to be totally in the speakers direct sound field, others prefer the sound of their room's reflections.  All good ideas here to experiment with.
More to discover