Speakers positionning

I just try a new toe-in for my speakers, and it worth the move.  Instead of crossing the focus behind my head ( at position seat), now it cross in front of me at 2 feet.  The highs are well defined and present  with well blend music and no more edgy treble at "forté" passage...  But it depends of your room and speakers...  You can read more about here:
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/speaker-positioning-toe-in.321814/
audiosens
With my little Maggie 1.7s, I find my best sweet spot and out of the sweet spot listening is with them very slightly toed in (about 5 deg.) 5 ft. apart (about 6.5' from center to center) 42" from front wall, with the tweeter ribbons to the outside. The stage is large and deep and the image remains detailed, tight and well focused - whether sitting or standing in the sweet spot or right or left of the sweet spot. My room is 14'W x 23'L x 10'H, open to the dinning room on the left another 8' x 14'.  Those who feel their Maggies do not image well out of the sweet spot, might try this. It may not work for everyone, in every room, but certainly works very well for me....Jim
Unless your room is exactly like mine, with speakers exactly like mine, and you have managed to obtain my specific taste regarding the sound from my carefully thought out speaker placement, any suggestions from me are useless...mostly...but a good place to start is to put the speakers in front of you and listen to them...get a rug...buy furniture...don't live in an unfurnished shipping container...get a furnished one.
2channel8
For the price, I would probably take a look at this CD; but it would probaly takes you hours to find the sweet spot ?
More to discover