Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthiel - Larry Staples rings a bell.  If he is on this thread then let me say "Hello, Larry" as well.  As to it being a forming experience it was.  I bought the 3.5's as much on that Kentucky experience as the dealer's showroom, since he had pulled the speakers at the time I stumbled across them.  I have also liked Spica's and Vandersteins and so I guess my ears were latently attuned to phase coherence.  At least I believe the lack of same messes up some speakers that should sound better than they do.

Jafant - Glad you enjoyed the story.  I've got a few more audio stories to tell as well, but this is not the thread for those.
Thanks again beetlemania

Hope Tom Thiel can also shed some light on the bass coil.

Br,  Mario
High Performance Stereo has had a pair of CS3.5 with EQ listed on its site forever and a day - $1000 with availability in New York or “along the I95 corridor.”

I have never conducted business with them in the past; reluctant because they rarely tender any useful information regarding their wares, and the accompanying photos - when they post photos - are pretty poor. 

Has anyone here ever had a transaction with them?

Without being able to inspect them - especially the mids - I thinks they be way high at $1000.  I may tender a lowball offer of $500 simply due to the fact that they’ve been listed for so long...

PS:  I have made this offer to anyone here before - if you live within a reasonable distance of my zip 11755, I have a complete pair of 3.5 innards - woofers, tweeters, mids, crossovers, and speaker emblems. 
The mids are kaput - the other drivers worked fine. 
FREE - but only if you pick ‘em up.  I gave away the EQ to a fellow member here earlier this year.  

And a happy Thanksgiving to all
Hi guys (and gals) I'm happy to announce that I'm now the proud owner of a new set 3.7 nos. It was the last set that Rob Gilliam had and I'm breaking them in with about 50 hours on them. I have to take back my earlier opinion stating that the 3.5 are good enough for low volume listening. The 3.7 are clearly a major step forward in all areas of listening experience even driving them with my modest amp a Bryston 3b st. I can't wait for a set of 7b St to arrive so I can provide the current that these speakers deserve.
thielrules....

I see that the 3.7’s have an efficiency rating of 90db whereas the 3.5 is 88db. Does the efficiency difference offer a better low-level listening experience with the 3.7?  I’ve been able only to move up the food chain to the 3.6 which, in my humble opinion, did not offer the range at low listening levels although it did typically Thiel stuff when I went out of my comfort zone. 

Congrats on grabbing that pair!