Best MM?

I want to try a MM with my Herron VTPH-2a. What's the best one? Maestro 2, Zephyr III, AT VM760SLC? Something else?
dhcod
@orpheus10 

My point is; these new MM and MI cartridges can produce a holographic sound stage, and from the reviews I read, are comparable to the MC's, but less expensive.  

Unfortunately reviewers can't (or never want to) compare an old classic MM/MI from the 70s/80s to the new MM. 

I was referring to the old Stantons and Pickerings that Chakster often speaks of; they were the best at that time, meaning the 50's and 60's.

Although I didn't state it, I was only referring to MM as older cartridges.

There is no way I can debate "sound stage" in regard to any cartridges before the 90's, because I didn't get into that until after I got into the "hi end" which was early 90's.

Now that I'm into the whole bit about air and space around instruments, that's what I demand.

Once upon a time, I bought everything my favorite reviewer at "Stereophile" recommended that I needed. That worked out very well, until we got to cartridges. I did not like the cartridge he recommended, and it was even one of the favorites on this forum. That's when I discovered how finicky I am in regard to a cartridge, as everyone else should be.

It's taken a long time and a lot of experimentation to discover what I'm looking for in a cartridge. Since further experimentation will be both time consuming and expensive, (don't have either in abundance) I'll be restricted to Grado and Koetsu when finances allow. This means I'll have to take everyone's word for everything else.
@orpheus10

I was referring to the old Stantons and Pickerings that Chakster often speaks of; they were the best at that time, meaning the 50’s and 60’s.

No, i’m talking about that huge steel needles for 78 rpm gramophones that we have to change after each side.

Seriously, the best Stanton & Pickering made from the late ’70s to mid ’80s ONLY!

Why you always come up with that ’50s stuff when i'm talking about Stanton?
C’mon, i don’t use any cartridges made earlier than 1977. This is MM era if you want to know.

If you like ’50s sound stick to the Ortofon SPU MC mono.