Best MM?

I want to try a MM with my Herron VTPH-2a. What's the best one? Maestro 2, Zephyr III, AT VM760SLC? Something else?
dhcod
Orpheus, Do you mean to say we were “half way” into mono in the 70s and 80s? I don’t get your point. MC cartridges didn’t enter the US market until the mid 70s. And those early contenders were not very good compared to “good” mm or mi.
@lewm 

Orto M20 FL Super  

This is an old favorite, i have NOS FineLine stylus for this cartridge, but i don't have a generator anymore, one channel is missing, we opened up the cartridge and one super thin wire is broken, still can be soldered (i'm gonna try). 
@orpheus10 

My point is; these new MM and MI cartridges can produce a holographic sound stage, and from the reviews I read, are comparable to the MC's, but less expensive.  

Unfortunately reviewers can't (or never want to) compare an old classic MM/MI from the 70s/80s to the new MM. 

I was referring to the old Stantons and Pickerings that Chakster often speaks of; they were the best at that time, meaning the 50's and 60's.

Although I didn't state it, I was only referring to MM as older cartridges.

There is no way I can debate "sound stage" in regard to any cartridges before the 90's, because I didn't get into that until after I got into the "hi end" which was early 90's.

Now that I'm into the whole bit about air and space around instruments, that's what I demand.