Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
After re-reading what I wrote, I realize this scenario may already be upon us.
But it still seems to me that the cost to the consumer is inevitably going to rise.
The cost probably will rise. I used to watch TV for free not counting ads and was sold the notion of a nominal fee for cable and no more ads. Now I pay ridiculous amount for cable and have 5 times the ads. Hopefully streaming music  won't take the same road.
“Another reclocker is the iFi SPDIF iPurifier which I own. “

Ditto. It actually makes the Chromecast Audio sound pretty darn close to Node2 using the same (non-MQA) outboard DAC and using the optical TOSLINK connectivity. The improvement using it with the Node2 is not as significant but still worth it. By the way, I’m using the optical cable Steve had recommended from btpa.com. Very reasonably priced and well made.

Steve, please explain why a coax needs to be at least 1.25-1.50m long. Thx

See my white-paper:

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue14/spdif.htm

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

IMO, trying to get your chromecast audio/toslink up to a high standard for streaming is like putting lipstick on a pig.

I agree, however a Sychro-Mesh reclocker will make practically any digital S/PDIF source into world-class, and probably for less money than other methods.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio