Why Power Cables Affect Sound

I just bought a new CD player and was underwhelmed with it compared to my cheaper, lower quality CD player. That’s when it hit me that my cheaper CD player is using an upgraded power cable. When I put an upgraded power cable on my new CD player, the sound was instantly transformed: the treble was tamed, the music was more dynamic and lifelike, and overall more musical. 

This got me thinking as to how in the world a power cable can affect sound. I want to hear all of your ideas. Here’s one of my ideas:

I have heard from many sources that a good power cable is made of multiple gauge conductors from large gauge to small gauge. The electrons in a power cable are like a train with each electron acting as a train car. When a treble note is played, for example, the small gauge wires can react quickly because that “train” has much less mass than a large gauge conductor. If you only had one large gauge conductor, you would need to accelerate a very large train for a small, quick treble note, and this leads to poor dynamics. A similar analogy might be water in a pipe. A small pipe can react much quicker to higher frequencies than a large pipe due to the decreased mass/momentum of the water in the pipe. 

That’s one of my ideas. Now I want to hear your thoughts and have a general discussion of why power cables matter. 

If you don’t think power cables matter at all, please refrain from derailing the conversation with antagonism. There a time and place for that but not in this thread please. 
128x128mkgus
Nonoise, naysayers are excellent in pulling us in to these conversations and debates. I have nothing to prove to them, and do not care in what they think or believe. They have the problems and issues with it, not you, and certainly not me. I am learning who " these folks " are, and I will avoid and ignore them whenever I can. I try to help others to experience improvements in sq, but it requires them to try things for themselves. Truly, this is their loss if they don't, because either they doubt what the ear / brain thing can do, or, simply, do not have the abilities to hear, what you and I, and so many others, hear. That's it. Done. So, my advice to you, as I will do, is to bail out from this thread. Believe me, " these folks " will surely show up elsewhere, repeating the same behavior. This is " high end audio ", which is all about extracting those last bits of musical information from our systems. This is why we spend the money we do. See you around. Enjoy ! MrD.
Post removed 
Yet if your claim is at all challenged with reasonable questions you get so incensed as to insult the questioner as “having problems.”

Are we supposed to simply sit down, shut up and accept anything nonoise claims as The Truth without possibly questioning it? 

If not...why does questioning your claims cause you to insult the questioner?

I think nonoise is getting upset with you because you are denying his very reality without having any experience with it via sitting in a arm chair 500 miles away removed from his situation and then going on to cite how fallable the mind is: it’s borderline insulting. If you are implying cables cannot affect sound, then I can only ask you to open your mind and seek out experiences. I’ve shared my experiences. I was in the doubtful camp and did not want to spend money on cables to get the most out of my system. I still want to resist them but I have come to know that they have their time and place and shouldn’t be overlooked if one is interested in extracting the most out of your system. I don’t know how they work, either, but that is the first step in scientific inquiry: make an observation. From there you ask questions, hence the reason I started this thread. 

@prof It’s really no different than if an experienced bird watcher said they saw a specific bird in their backyard and you went on and on about how they don’t migrate this far north and how fallable the mind is. If it was a little kid, maybe it would be more acceptable. But someone who has years of experience, to start with a discussion of how easily the mind is fooled is a subtle way of saying, “You’re wrong, you’re delusional, and I know more than you.” It’s a bit confrontational.