Magicos are chesty

admit it.

E
erik_squires
I’m sure there better than whatever you have!!

No, they are not. :) But they sure are in a much better space.

Yeah, sorry, I guess "chesty" isn't in the vernacular (yet).

By chesty I mean like extra voice sounds that come from the chest. If you think of going "aaaah" for the doctor, that sound starts from your upper chest. That chest sound is what the Magicos seem to do poorly with.

And it is true, no speaker does everything, but a lot of less expensive speakers lack such obvious coloration too.

Best,
E
No, they are not. :) But they sure are in a much better space.

I was drunk when I wrote this. I meant, I heard the Magico's in a very well treated listening room.
erik,

Though I believe I know the coloration you are talking about with "chesty," there’s also the case FOR voices sounding "chesty."

That is: many systems produce a sort of hologram of a human voice that sounds like a voice without a body. It’s all "mouth noise" and maybe a bit of throat. It sounds disembodied. Whereas a human voice, especially male closer up, does combined with a chest sound giving the voice that sense of "body" behind it.

I actually find a system that can produce some of that "chest/body" sound to be more natural and convincing. So long as it is not via an obvious speaker-like artificial coloration.

I was waiting for ebm to pipe in in defense of Magico. Chestiness would certainly be considered an egregious fault in speakers that have such a heroically built cabinet. I always associate chestiness with cabinet resonance. No problem ebm, just put in a little extra bracing and some wool!

As you always say, "Good luck though!"