Magicos are chesty

admit it.

E
erik_squires
No, they are not. :) But they sure are in a much better space.

I was drunk when I wrote this. I meant, I heard the Magico's in a very well treated listening room.
erik,

Though I believe I know the coloration you are talking about with "chesty," there’s also the case FOR voices sounding "chesty."

That is: many systems produce a sort of hologram of a human voice that sounds like a voice without a body. It’s all "mouth noise" and maybe a bit of throat. It sounds disembodied. Whereas a human voice, especially male closer up, does combined with a chest sound giving the voice that sense of "body" behind it.

I actually find a system that can produce some of that "chest/body" sound to be more natural and convincing. So long as it is not via an obvious speaker-like artificial coloration.

I was waiting for ebm to pipe in in defense of Magico. Chestiness would certainly be considered an egregious fault in speakers that have such a heroically built cabinet. I always associate chestiness with cabinet resonance. No problem ebm, just put in a little extra bracing and some wool!

As you always say, "Good luck though!"

Though I believe I know the coloration you are talking about with "chesty," there’s also the case FOR voices sounding "chesty."

You read my mind, @prof. I was kind of wondering how this helped. I mean it seems deliberate, so why is the choice made? I can see this helping.

Best,
E
More to discover