rel with monoblocks

I would appreciate input of any owners of rel st series 2 owners who have monoblocks. I am considering upgrading to monoblocks of a yet to be determined type, but my rel studio 2 instructions say that to use it with monoblocks, you must use a rel for each channel. To me it seems that as long as the rel cable would reach both amps it should be no different than connecting it to the back of a stereo amp. Any thoughts?
bigsam2
ok, I understand. Indeed not all amps are the same. I knew fully balanced amps present issues for the Rel (and not all fully balanced amps are the same), and it's apparent your amps do likewise. My amps are mod'd B&K M200's and I have no issues with them. Same for CJ's I ran previously, and the Ayre V3 (which is a fully balanced amp but only required a different ground arrangement) worked fine as well.
Bdgregory, I had no problem with my Rel and my B&K 507 S2 or with my CJ 5-channel amp.

I think the Rel's are great Subs (regardless of price comparisons to others) and can most highy recommend them. It was disconerning to me when I would run into troubles with them crossing the channels. If not for the conversations with Sumiko?/Rel, I would have assumed it was my sub.

I am currently running stereo (non-dual differential) and with terrific results. Thanks for your advise as well as I know you are an experience and knowledgable Agoner and would encourage other readers to take your advice, but at the same time watch or test for cross-channel experiences as I have encountered. You may be 100% correct in that it may be amp dependent. I appreciate your replies so that other readers can get further information and understanding from two different people's experiences.
Has there been anything new on this  topic since 2010? I'm hoping to add an REL-328 to my current system which is running two (one for right channel and one for left channel) Marantz MA-500 monoblock amplifiers. Will a connection as described by ckoffend above work? Is there a possibility of causing damage to the amplifiers?
Thanks
@maxoman1 

I know this is an old post, but in case others come across this post. I just purchased a single  Rel 212SE and will be using them with (2) Mcintosh MC601 mono blocks (fully balanced) I will not be connecting them in the manor described above. Not sure if your amps are balanced or not or if that even matters but REL certainly discourages the practice. I plan to run the outputs form my processor to the sub, and keep things on the safe side.. its not worth causing any damage to my amps or the sub. I have a rule. If the manufacture of the product warns about a connection type I typically will follow their advice. Good luck with your Sub. 
I’ve never noticed anything from REL recommending NOT using the "high level" amp driven input, as that’s a major part of the REL mojo, "The Sound of Your Amp." Very high impedance presented to the amp’s output means the amp doesn’t care. I use 2 RELs getting the same signal (helps with some room node standing waves it seems) and with proper placement and level they’re great sounding. One hot lead to each terminal (or each positive on a mono amp) and one to a negative lead...I doubt that would damage any amp. http://www.musicdirect.com/documents/pdf/ARELR218.pdf