Magicos are chesty

admit it.

E
erik_squires
The Magico's I've heard are flat/neutral and so are really dependent on what source and amplification are ahead of them, like most revealing speakers. To my taste they sound "good" but lack a personality ...I can see why so many folks like them, just not my cup-o-tea...I'm more of a fan of YG Acoustics for a flat/neutral sounding speaker.
The Magico's I've heard are flat/neutral and so are really dependent on what source and amplification are ahead of them, like most revealing speakers. To my taste they sound "good" but lack a personality ..

@chrisoshea do you remember what series you listened to?

erik, I'm sorry to say I don't remember which series the 3 or 4 pairs of Magico's I've heard were. They were at audio shows and in a listening party in a home space and all were listened to in the last 3-5 years. As always YMMV, if you like the ones you are considering and have chance for an in-home trial with your gear and like them, buy them. Your ears and taste are all that matters. If you keep wanting to play LP after LP deep into the night, you have a winner!!!! 
I really loved a system I heard last year. YG Acoustics Carmel 2s - Rega P3 w/Elys - Rega Maia 3 power amp - Croft Acoustics Micro 25 preamp - Audio Analysis lowest level cables. All modest, low cost gear except for the YG's....super clean, detailed system, played classical, funk, jazz, acoustic folk, electronic and rock n roll all equally well IMO....