Heard Maggie 3.7i with..

...a Rogue Cronus Magnum driving them. The combo sounded surprisingly great. I was surprised that a 100 wpc amp could drive them so well. Anyone else have experience with "low" powered amps and Maggies. When I've had Maggies, I've always had amps in the 150 to 250 (8 ohms) range.  Though I now have Golden Ear Triton1s, I think I will eventually have Maggies again. I've heard the Cronus with T1 and it's also a great combo. 

I guess the point of all this is that while I generally believe you should choose speakers first and then choose the amp to drive them, I'm thinking of getting the Rogue now and the Maggies in the future. Mistake? Thoughts?
secretguy
PLENTY of audiophiles "can’t stand me". I chalk it up to two things: First I am not Kissing any dudes behind for any reason. A whole pile of men can’t stand an ’Uppity Woman’.       
I clearly know as much as most other audiophiles. I am not here to ask for assistance. I am handing it out. Another strike against me for being a Woman. (Knows way too much.)
You post shows it clear as can be when you add it (what you think is an insult, but is totally an indictment against your own attitude) writing: "" While others may kiss up to you because you are one of the few or only woman here "" SO you actually think others hold me up due to my being ’one of the few women here" ??
I suggest it is because I say what I think. No holds barred. And I know audio stuff, and to the best of my ability I tell the truth about my experiences in audio... It has ZERO to do with my being a Woman.

@secretguy, what if you end up not getting a pair of the 3.7i? Why not wait, and get an amp when you get the speakers. The dealer may make you a good package price offer. Plus, by the time you get the speakers, there may be a newly-introduced amp that works particularly well with them---like the Sanders Magtech, but at half its' price.
Yah...I knew that, of course. I've just had the urge to buy something. LOL...and my current situation rules out Maggies. Although I wish I hadn't sold mine.
I often agree with Elizabeth in most matters, but my own experience with 3.6 Maggies and McIntosh MC501 mono block amps is quite different.

I went through a number of amps 9 years ago, and my journey ended with a tube McIntosh pre amp and my 501s.

The magic in the room is palpable to me.  Everyone has different ears and preferences, but I can feel Eva Cassidy in the room singing.  I alao love to rock out with the Allman Bros Band and Cream as well as listen to the detail of Dave Brubeck in Time Out.

My point is, let your ears tell you what you like and what is best for you.  McIntosh has many fans And detractors.  They are a bit of a lightening rod, but listen before deciding from what people say here, Including Me.