Have you had enough of Classic Rock?

Anyone out there feel like I do?
ishkabibil
When I am being diplomatic I say music is subjective, something like beauty is in the eye of the  beholder.  But some modern noises masquerading as 'music or poetry' is just pure shite.  When someone mentions Classic Rock I think of Deep Purple, The Doors, not Tamla Motown or Soul Music and groups like Foo Fighters give rock a bad perception.  However at the end of the day who cares about labels, just enjoy the music.....
I'm with @whart . Surprised no one mentioned Moby Grape, or did I miss it? I also discovered Isis, an all girl band whose eponymous 1974 album is still one of my favorites, Aum, a great early San Francisco band, and Motherlode, a wierd blues-rock band listening to WNEW late at night. Who can discount the entire British invasion or the Supremes, Chiffons, Shangri-Las, Etc. I only recently discovered Gene Clark's solo country rock albums. I could go no for paragraphs.

I don't understand why some snobs dedicated to Jazz and classical even read this thread, or why they feel obliged to trespass and put down genres that others love. I've never gone on a jazz thread and said "I don't believe anyone really enjoys Miles Davis. They're just trying to seem erudite." because I know that would be mean, petty, and offensive. Just start your own threads, please
And just think, by the time we hit the nursing home, instead of Slim Whitman, they'll be playing Zep for us. (Pop culture reference there to Mars Attacks). They have some really good rules in these homes- like, if you've heard someone go into a rant you've heard before, you raise your hand. Also, if somebody drops dead next to you, you raise your hand. A friend said an oldster she knew had that experience, raised her hand, and when the attendant came over to see whether the oldster who plunked face down on the table still had a pulse, the hand-raiser whispered "Can I have her pudding?"
Sometimes, life is funny. 
One of the problems is that “Classic Rock” to some is a boing redundant playlist from FM radio staiona all subscribing to the same source playing on a loop.

For those who did not live back then and were not exposed to the breadth and depth of the talent that emerged, I would offer a number of albums to listen to end to end and experience albums where all of the tracks were good and many bordered on great.

Traffic - Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Big Brother and the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills

There are SO many more, but those are proffered to open some doors and eyes to how good it was to be into music back then, not to mention with decent equipment for the times

I do get tired of certain classic rock songs but then rediscover them again several years later with a different setup that make them sound fresh again. I especially appreciate some classic rock as compared to some newer popular music that became a hit because some exec decided they could sell records with the hook even though the band sucked. (tons of those)  Bands like Queen, Styx and other classic rock bands rightfully deserve their place as greats because they broke the mold in many ways (ie. Bohemian Rhapsody)   I am trying o now discover music that I did not know about before that gives me that same emotional response. 
I am amazed at how some old metal still gives me that excitement while others seems absolutely juvenile even though it was my jam in high school.  lol