Why Power Cables Affect Sound

I just bought a new CD player and was underwhelmed with it compared to my cheaper, lower quality CD player. That’s when it hit me that my cheaper CD player is using an upgraded power cable. When I put an upgraded power cable on my new CD player, the sound was instantly transformed: the treble was tamed, the music was more dynamic and lifelike, and overall more musical. 

This got me thinking as to how in the world a power cable can affect sound. I want to hear all of your ideas. Here’s one of my ideas:

I have heard from many sources that a good power cable is made of multiple gauge conductors from large gauge to small gauge. The electrons in a power cable are like a train with each electron acting as a train car. When a treble note is played, for example, the small gauge wires can react quickly because that “train” has much less mass than a large gauge conductor. If you only had one large gauge conductor, you would need to accelerate a very large train for a small, quick treble note, and this leads to poor dynamics. A similar analogy might be water in a pipe. A small pipe can react much quicker to higher frequencies than a large pipe due to the decreased mass/momentum of the water in the pipe. 

That’s one of my ideas. Now I want to hear your thoughts and have a general discussion of why power cables matter. 

If you don’t think power cables matter at all, please refrain from derailing the conversation with antagonism. There a time and place for that but not in this thread please. 
128x128mkgus
Well, to add to the mystery and consternation... Today I got in the mail a pair of 10 ohm Duelund Cast. So after cleaning the leads I added them to a pair of 1.3 ohm to get me 1.15 ohm to place on the midrange panel resistance on my Magnepan 20.7 speakers.                           
Previously 0.75 ohms was the right number... When I bought some new Pangea AC14XL powercords, and replaced all the previous Pangea AC14 Se signature cords on my sources.The midrange on the Magnepan got 'brighter sounding'.
So what I am saying is the changing of powercords changed the resistance I need in the speaker midrange to have them sound best.Good luck
You guys are wasting your time. You cannot win any argument with any cable deniers folks. That's the reality. They will never submit to actually trying stuff, instead, asking us to provide proof and measurements. They often throw in some mumbo-jumbo electric engineering stuff into the discussion, often copied from another similar forum, just say: "you see - it cannot possibly make a difference".

More often than not, their actual gear is a pittance, stuff from the 80s, with captive power cords, and low-fi gear. Even if they tried good cables, they won't hear any difference anyway, as their stuff is junk. A $1,000 power cords will not make a DIY Amp costing $499 in 1988 sound like a modern, say $10,000 Amp. As simple as that.

I always find them to show their jealousy, lack of means to accomplish anything, and a serious case of "If I cannot afford it, it is not worth it" mentality.

Just ignore them. Find like-minded people, with good gear, and open-mind to experiment and try new stuff.
If one looks at many positive posters here and elsewhere... They too once thought it was impossible for cables to affect the sound. Until they heard it for themselves. Over and over i have read folks saying this, and can say I too used to pooh pooh powercords, and still do speaker cables to some degree. But once I heard a difference in ap power cord.well what can I say.                  
So I say never give up on the naysayers. Some day they too will hear a difference.