Is it time to just quit?

Time to just quit?                      
Buying audio stuff?                             
Posting to an empty house?                          
My gut feeling is no one is posting in the regular 'free' threads. Maybe they all are paying to post? I could not know, since I am way too cheap to pay to just post 'exclusive'.  Being natural paranoid, I think everyone is posting over there, not here?                                       
Then I also just hit my limit on credit card Paypal. Now I have to become "verified' or no Paypal.    
This also happened at a fortuitous moment, when I was starting to overspend...             
So no buying OR selling here for me (unless I am willing to get the Paypal CC. Which I have to think about)So maybe the Universe is telling me "Time to quit".???  
Not quit listening to music, just NOT buying more stuff and NOT posting more gibberish.
elizabeth
Sometimes I come into my music room and not play anything. Just to enjoy the silence. I think our brain needs a rest sometimes too.
elizabeth
Absolutely! Hope your  holiday season was a restful one. A time to reflect and re-boot, reset.  Happy Listening!
Thank you  Elizabeth for this post. You really hit on a subject I have not let myself really consider. The obsessiveness of my hobby. I have big $'s invested (no it's money spent on a depreciating asset). I am 63 and a victim of very loud concerts in the 70's. I remember not being able to hear for hours after the concerts. Anyway, even with damaged hearing I still lust after new gear. The basis of my system is new McIntosh driving  Revel Salon 2's. In reality this should be the last "big $" stuff for me. I read this post and heard the last conversation I had with my wife. I was telling her about the amazing sound of tube equipment and that would my last purchase. She snapped back (lovingly) with, you can't even hear the microwave or coffee maker "ding" at the end of the cycle. And 
 you have worn out the "last purchase" line. My immediate thought was, she just doesn't understand. After reading this post, I think it may be me that doesn't understand. Perhaps addiction is too strong of a word, but spending mega bucks and looking for more stuff? I had an aunt who was pretty much "home bound" and watched the shopping channel all of the time. Over the years, she had purchased about 150 handbags. We used to laugh about it all of the time. Hmm... 
I say do not let yourself get suckered by anyone telling you 'you can't hear'. You CAN hear the music, and if new stuff improves your ENJOYMENT, that that is what matters.    
I can say others who are not audiophiles never get it. Like the first thing out of the mouth of ANY non-audiophile seeing the size of my speakers is: You must play really loud music!. With no comprehension.    I would say it may be the same, in a way, for your wife, who equates ordinary day to day with 'listening to music'.   (One of the saddest people I EVER met, was the guy selling off his stereo equipment, because he  'needed hearing aids, and his wife convinced him what good is a stereo if you cant hear". He should have just kept it. Ordinary folks have no idea how important music is to an audiophile!)                       
On the other hand, maybe staying where you are equipment wise might be just as good.        
I am in my 70th year. I actually had no plans to buy all the stuff I did. When last January I had some cash in the bank. And thought maybe upgrade my 3.6 Magnepan to 3.7i       
Well I decided that was too much of a sideways deal, and decided 'Now or Never' to buy 20.7s             
Then one thing led to another.. and I really got carried away. I would say the 17 Furutech Duplex was my jumping over the edge of the cliff. But Jeez those made a huge difference.         
This morning I was sticking the Treble resistor and choke behind the plate on the left 20.7. Not terrible, but I really am getting old to do this stuff. Waiting until maybe tomorrow to do the other one.           
One thing I think about is getting the stereo where I can handle any little issues. No more buying to replace... Just tune a bit.    
Anyway, I say do not let wreck your enjoyment of music! You have managed to keep it so far...        
@jafant

Many thanks for the welcome. I just posted my second post in umpty-umph years on this forum regarding the Jolida SSX I just received. It’s the first component I’ve purchased in as many years.

To answer your question, I listen to Classical and Jazz with a passion for live recordings. There is something magical about tubes and Maggies when done right. Tonality is paramount for me.

Look forward to continuing with Audiogon. It has always been very informative.