Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
@freediver. Seattle is tough, takes forever in traffic. Limited selection , high prices, and not so great setups. I drove in to audition speakers. Setup was so bad I hated the speakers and amp. Ended up with the same model speakers and couldn't be happier. There was a rather active audio group there, might be worth connecting with them
   Never saw a single Porsche I didn’t admire . Especially the 917-30 with Mark Donahue driving . I savor the picture of myself  helping the late Al Holbert push the Lowenbrau 962 into the garage at Riverside . As a teen , I rode in the now famous #198 Cobra (on the street ) and also got to start George Harm’s Mclaren Can-Am car. My biggest scare came in a Slantnose that my buddy had on loan . I attended the Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca and appreciated everything from the tatttered 914’s in the infield to the Restomod Mclaren 911 with the TAG F1 V6 at $1.2 million . And of course the 917’s . Even the Porsche Tractor race was cool . I talked to Derrick Bell and the nice man that owned the 962 he was driving . It’s interesting how pleasant real racing people are compared to the small penis lot that share here . BTW , I’m one of those sub $150k people. Yes it was a poor question , but what a circle jerk this is . See you “ Pros “ and “ Super High End” people next year at RMAF . Cheers , Mike .  

@ alltrinnov To be rich is to enjoy and appreciate what you have. I live way below my means and seek out activities and items that are of value to me.
I don't concern myself that there is something better out there, I just smile and enjoy what I have - and share the fun with friends and family.
+2 ditto - Bigtime
@ thomascrownafair Expensive stereo parts are heavy and difficult to move. The best component made is a friend to enjoy your system with no matter the price. It would be better to invite people over to share the sound and experience it together. To share opinions much like this site but face to face or should I say ear to ear.
+1

Sometimes we get so immured by the travels, we fail to appreciate the journey or recognize the destination when we get there.......Jim
wolf_garcia,

"Oh no! I’ve been SPEAKER SHAMED by Kaitty…"
Do not despair, you can always invest $20 in used Grado headphones and catch up with geoffkait.