Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
thosb

stevecham is a subwoofer reliable source, as is, John Ellison over on Audio Asylum.  Happy Listening!
tomic601 - I would be most appreciative to learn the nature of the 2.3 upgrades. Beetlemania and I are working on the 2.4 and I have heard rumors that some folks have plugged in 2.4 drivers and XO to the 2.3 cabinet. If you have first-hand information about such an undertaking, it would help me assess the territory.
@tomthiel. i also meant to thank you and pass on my admiration for the great work you and brother did. And condolences. So very happy to hear you are reinvigorated and moving the ball forward again - rebirth is possible !!!!

my understanding is they are factory supported updates w dual magnets and related xover changes. I take delivery sometime Mid February and will get you serial numbers, photos, then.

My brother still has a pair of 02 circa 1979 ish..running strong !!!!!!

best !

Jim
jafant,

I’m patiently waiting. :-) :-) :-)

Meanwhile,we’re awaiting for the polar vortex to hit us. (Forecast for minus 7 wind chill tomorrow.)
I grew up in the Sonoran Desert, where the two most-hated four-letter curse words were Cold and Snow.
George
Jim - please keep us apprised of how the 2.3s do for you. The original 2.3 coax was the pioneer coax. Do you know when its upgrade happened?

My original prototype Brazilian Rosewood O2s from 1976 we given to our parents as an early appreciation gift for their support. They are in storage at my youngest brother's house in Virginia; I'll get them this summer and, of course, soup them up a little. The O2 actually started the audiophile ball rolling. The O1 was a 10" 2-way Rock-n-Roll Boogie Machine with 3rd order slopes and huge magnets for high efficiency and the EQ for 30 Hz bass . . .  but not much finesse. Some early supporters asked if Jim could design something more refined, which became the O2 6.5" ported 2-way with second order slopes. Quite lovely for its day. I will apply the boundary-layer airflow technology under present development to the port and driver circumferences, add some absorption to the baffle to reduce diffraction and upgrade the passive components. And I bet we'll have a sweet little bookshelf monitor.

Thank you,
Tom