WHAT TURNTABLE?

CONSIDERING A VPI PRIME SIG. (USED) VS A REGA RP10 (NEW) YOUR THOUGHTS,PLEASE
128x128roger4000
I own a VPI Prime Signature.  It's honestly one of the best tables for the money today.  The Unipivot are is a pain - unless you add the dual pivot (a used table may have it already).  Makes setting azimuth a breeze and can almost be done on the fly.  But save your records and move the arm back to the rest first.  I recently added a 2nd arm to mine.  No, an actually mounted 2nd arm.  No mods to the table were made.  And this is the nicer thing about VPI tables, they can be modded.  Heck, Harry and Mat both commented positively on the mod!

Anyway, I digress.  The Prime Sig. has such great features I can objectively say the advertising for it is not hype.  Of course, your cartridge choice will make a huge impact on how it plays.  But that's the thing with VPI tables.  You can start with the basic table and add/swap/change around the different things as time goes on to build it better.  They have a gimbaled arm if you don't like the Unipivot.  Add the SDS/ADS/Phoenix speed controller.  Add the periphery ring.  Get multiple arm wands and swap cartridges based on needs.  

For the money, the VPI is and was my choice.
I haven't heard the Rega. I am currently using a one-off VPI "Scout Supreme" which approximates the Prime Signature on the Scout chassis. After years of using VPI unipivots (JMW-9 and 3D-10) I went with a gimbaled 3D-10 on this table. Could not be happier. Easy peasy to set up and use, sounds incredible. My recommendation is that if you choose the VPI Prime Signature, swap out the arm for a gimbaled fat boy and you will be very happy.
Those who criticize a VPI for their arm are those who either have NEVER owned one or just hate for hate's sake.  The VPI unipivot arms is a great performers and smoke the Rega arm in any level in any category of comparison.

The VPI Prime Sig is a real turntable and worth it’s price new. Finding one used is a stroke of great fortune The Rega RP10 can’t compete with other tables in its retail price range much less a quality table like a Prime Sig.
@bpoletti ......................

i had a VPI Scout and a VPI Prime and moved on to a Technics SL1200G.  The reason, I hated the unipivot arm. It was way too fiddly. My wife was so afraid of it she wouldn’t go near the turntable.  So, you are in error when you say people that don’t like VPI never owned one.  For myself, it’s never again will I own a VPI.  There are much better out there. My Technics at the same price of the Prime, blows it away and I am now happily spinning vinyl again.