WHAT TURNTABLE?

CONSIDERING A VPI PRIME SIG. (USED) VS A REGA RP10 (NEW) YOUR THOUGHTS,PLEASE
128x128roger4000
I haven't heard the Rega. I am currently using a one-off VPI "Scout Supreme" which approximates the Prime Signature on the Scout chassis. After years of using VPI unipivots (JMW-9 and 3D-10) I went with a gimbaled 3D-10 on this table. Could not be happier. Easy peasy to set up and use, sounds incredible. My recommendation is that if you choose the VPI Prime Signature, swap out the arm for a gimbaled fat boy and you will be very happy.
Those who criticize a VPI for their arm are those who either have NEVER owned one or just hate for hate's sake.  The VPI unipivot arms is a great performers and smoke the Rega arm in any level in any category of comparison.

The VPI Prime Sig is a real turntable and worth it’s price new. Finding one used is a stroke of great fortune The Rega RP10 can’t compete with other tables in its retail price range much less a quality table like a Prime Sig.
@bpoletti ......................

i had a VPI Scout and a VPI Prime and moved on to a Technics SL1200G.  The reason, I hated the unipivot arm. It was way too fiddly. My wife was so afraid of it she wouldn’t go near the turntable.  So, you are in error when you say people that don’t like VPI never owned one.  For myself, it’s never again will I own a VPI.  There are much better out there. My Technics at the same price of the Prime, blows it away and I am now happily spinning vinyl again. 
For those perhaps wanting a VPI, but not liking unipivots (I am such a person), consider looking for a nice used Aries 1, which can be had, if like me you get lucky, at a very reasonable price. I found an Aries 1 plinth and motor in Mint - condition for $400, then it’s missing platter and bearing (in likewise condition) for another $300. I can’t think of a table for twice or even thrice that I would rather have (except a Townshend Rock, but their owners don’t sell them. I luckily already have one.). Some prefer the Aries 1 to most of the TNT’s.