Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Beetle - the airflow technology addresses any and all airflow situations. A high-impact situation is port flow; in a sense that is low hanging fruit. There are many other situations that apply to all speakers. I am looking at back-wave implications for the passive radiator and all drivers. Bass frequencies move more air, but all frequencies have potential. The flair around driver circumferences may come into play, especially at coupling frequencies where the driver transitions from constant velocity to constant acceleration. Air viscosity and turbulence are prevalent in such transitions. We're looking at the rim between the tweeter and coax mid in my newly acquired MCS1, which shares the 2.3 coax, similar to the 2.4. The 1.6 has a significant tweeter wave guide in conjunction with an acoustic loading device to suppress the oil-can resonance peak. Hmmm, what if that interplay might be settled. 

Short answer is yes, many potential applications. The only audio implementation to date is a round port in a Tannoy monitor and augmentation of a B&W golfball textured port. My first application is the 1.6 slot to see what we learn in the higher resolution Thiel CS platform. By the way, the 2002 CS1.6 is better than I thought possible at $2K retail.
the Vandersteen aerodynamic driver patent has expired, reflections do matter
Bryston has a unique port shape also....at least in the mini-A

happy Friday to all !!!!!

I really enjoyed my years with the CS1.6. I had them well away from the rear wall and there was no meaningful output below 50 cycles. I gave serious consideration to adding Vandy or Thiel subs but ended up moving on. Outside of the lack of bass, my only complaint was an irritating distortion with a subset of songs from certain female vocalists. Had me reaching for the volume control. But the overall transparency and resolution was exceptional at that price point.