Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
I have heard them with the following....

Aavik U-300 integrated (sounded great, but overpriced)

Yamaha RN-803 did okay, and its an awesome piece, but perhaps the only setup I thought that was lacking.

Anthem STR integrated (best value dollar for dollar by far, especially if you want to integrate subs, which this will do better than ANYTHING else out there, fact.  Just wait for the new ARC Genesis update coming out in the next couple months)

Anthem STR preamp with the STR amp (best sound but dollar for dollar the integrated a better value)

Anthem STR preamp with Bryston 4bSST sounded great.

the new carver Amps sounded incredible with them.  I heard a bit with the mono blocks and STR pre. Mind blowing.  Then the 275 or whatever the inexpensive amp is (outstanding) around $2,500.

I haven’t heard them with any of the three you listed other than some modern high top of the line krell stuff and that sounded a little hard to me.  Could have been my expectation bias because I always have thought krell sounds cold and sterile.

I have also heard them with some higher end McIntosh stuff a friend has.  600watt mono blocks I believe, and a Mac preamp.  Sounded a little dry, but I’m sure 90% of the sound difference I heard was the room being completely different.

I think that’s all.

Make sure you toe in the Personas 5 degrees max.  Completely unnecessary for any more aggressive tow in (like any good speaker).  

Let me know if you want me to go into any more detail about what I heard from memory.

Interesting.  I called a dealer in Dallas, and they were not well informed about the Paradigm Persona Trade Up program.  The guy with whom I spoke thought that the amount was UP TO 20%, and was at the discretion of the dealer.  This is not correct, as the 20% discount is direct from Paradigm.  The terms of the deal also indicate that the dealer may also offer and additional discount.  I read the information to him from the Paradigm web site, and he said he would look into it and call me right back.  It's been close to an hour now and I have not heard back.  Seems like a great deal, if it actually works.
@contuzzi Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the time. I also went back and looked at some of your old Persona post, very helpful.

I heard the Persona 5F with a SimAudio 860A and it was great.

@mtrot Go to the Paradigm web site and register your trade in speakers. They will send you a coupon by email. You take that to your dealer with your trade in speakers. The dealer can discount the speakers beyond the 20% from Paradigm. The trade-in speakers must be in working order and in decent shape. I know they except the KEF LS50 (maybe $800 used). Get one of those and trade in for a Persona 9H with 20% off.

BTW - my dealer informed me on this program
Guys Persona dealer, let me explain the program, first it is not a mandatory program the dealer may or may not want to offer this program.

Two the dealer will not go above the 20% as the dealer is not getting 20% off from Paradigm, we actually make less money with these programs the deal does work to bring in new clients which helps offset the program.

We have very different opinions on the Anthem STR integrated vs Contuzzi, we have the STR integrated and the STR amp and preamp in the same room. 

The STR intergrated is very good, but it is not as warm and full bodied as the separates which totally outperform the integrated amplifier. 

In our tests the Anthem STR is outclassed by the Micromega and the Naim gear, if you like  a clean punchy sound without a lot of additional midrange warmth the STR is your amplifier if you prefer more warmth and body then the other pieces are better. The STR is fantastic value and we are not talking about the effects of room correction which may push the STR integrated into a different catagory just sound of one vs another under identical conditions.

We will agree that the Anthem STR amp and Preamp are a fantatic value.

We will be testing the STR power amp vs the Coda and the Krell more extensively in the weeks ahead. 

Our initial impressions are the Krell power amplifier is more magical but less powerful same with the Coda, the Anthem power amplifier is a little flat sounding, but excells in terms of punch and it is quite smooth.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Krell, Anthem, Coda and Paradigm Dealers
Would the 9f be too much for my small room, 12x15? It's weird how bigger speakers work better in my room because of directional horns or other design quirks but a more traditional speaker with narrow design actually needs MORE space.