Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
I think, generally speaking, 300 hours of burn-in is the starting point to begin evaluating cables. Most improve further after that, including power cords. Patience is audiophile's virtue. I pay zero attention to how they sound until about 250 hours.

@rodman99999

Interesting conjecture.

But, first, it seems to start by assuming the *audible* phenomenon claimed about such cables is valid, when that is in dispute.

Second, anyone can conjecture, even from already established science - that is after all what scientists tend to do.  It's the next step that is important and missing in most cable claims:  testing.   How would you determine that the aligning process you suggest occurs...and is responsible for AUDIBLE changes in cables?

Wouldn't it make sense that if your conjecture is sound, that measurements would show changes over time - given you are appealing to measurable phenomena in the first place?

And, since it's a fact we can often measure things we can not perceive, if you DID find measurable differences, wouldn't you agree we would need a way of determining if the differences are audible?  And if you agree there, why would it make sense to ignore all the data we have about how sighted listener bias can influence results?

Burn-in time typically refers to actual in-use time in a system. One can set up an audio IC or digital IC cable for continuous in-use time on a CD player or Transport-DAC combination. We’re talking about less than one week of continuous in-use time, which falls easily within most manufacturers’ allowed return policy (30 days, 720 hours). 
Not allways true , like a good capacitor ,cables especially with 
Teflon dielectric can takewell  over 300hours for sure . Just ask          VH Audio for example. Theirs caps ,as  well as Teflon Litz - OCC Copper Wire ,and caps.
we have documented times when I owned a Audio store and within the last year. it is one of the exceptions to the rule.