Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
Burn-in time typically refers to actual in-use time in a system. One can set up an audio IC or digital IC cable for continuous in-use time on a CD player or Transport-DAC combination. We’re talking about less than one week of continuous in-use time, which falls easily within most manufacturers’ allowed return policy (30 days, 720 hours). 
Not allways true , like a good capacitor ,cables especially with 
Teflon dielectric can takewell  over 300hours for sure . Just ask          VH Audio for example. Theirs caps ,as  well as Teflon Litz - OCC Copper Wire ,and caps.
we have documented times when I owned a Audio store and within the last year. it is one of the exceptions to the rule.
I realize it’s frustrating but even after the arduous and supposedly magical 300 hour mark is reached there is still a long way to go. Proof? Hook those cables with 300 hours on them up to a real burn in device like the Audiokarma Cable Cooker for a couple days. Then hold on to your tu tu. 
+1, Geoff. Just get a cable cooker. It speeds up considerably the entire burn-in process. It can be used on all types of cables and even can be used to burn-in capacitors.

But even for certain cables (such as the Teo Audio cables) in which the manufacturers don’t condone use of active burn-in cable gear, conventional in-use audio burn-in is usually sufficient.