Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues

I read the Stereophile review on the PS 700Ms and it was very positive.  The review was from Jan./2018 and the reviewer had just previously reviewed the AA DPA-1Ms.  
     He thought the PS 700Ms were superior and even compared them to being somewhat similar in sound quality to the Theta Prometheus mono block class Ds that go for $12k/pr, saying they were a bargain at about$3k/pr and you said you bought yours for even less.
     He also thought they performed best when separated on isolation stands and not stacked on top of each other.   Here's the link:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/ps-audio-stellar-m700-monoblock-power-amplifier
     If they sound as good as they look, these amps should sound very good.

Enjoy,
 Tim

Thanks Tim. Yeah, his review motivated me. Took a couple months to find a silver set at a price I could flip without much out of pocket, but it sounds like they might stay, so...

I know I repeat myself but the AA sounds fantastic, especially since making the 2 cable changes

And yes they will be on separate shelves
After having the PS Audio Gain Cell DAC/preamp and M700s in my system for the past two months, I can still say that I look forward to listening to them everyday. Break in took at least 200 hours but they are now very sweet and powerful, and more than any other amp set up I've had, the soundstage is very deep. This allows instruments and voices to occupy their own space. Separation has never been better. My current hungry Thiel 2.4s sing beautfully with these amps. The pre is connected to the power amps with balanced cable.

Enjoy your PS Audio system! I am sure you will like it!
tweak and others, just a curiosity question. In my rack space is at a premium, so placing amps on separate shelves would be a problem. Is there a relatively inexpensive sheet of some isolation material, that would not impact the finish on the lower mono, that would prevent whatever it is that causes the amps to sound better not stacked? So they can be stacked without negative sonic impact? Is it possible the sonic issue when the monos were stacked was just a sonic fluke of the stereophile reviewer’s listening room, I have not read anyone else experiencing the same?
no sonic fluke, interactions between the 2 modules 

can you get a long board that extends beyond the rack so you can set them side by side?