What class of amplifier has the most high definition sound ?

For those experienced audiophiles, wich know all kinds of amps, may say what class of amp is better defined in therms of PURE SOUND?
Of course the sistems are compatibles for comparisons.

Thanks,
sacresta
sacresta
Good job transformers, whatever the hell it is you do...
They provide the even ordered harmonics (distortion) that makes tube amps sound so nice. 

I'm pretty sure it's the tubes that do that, as it's been claimed the transformer's job is to strangle things. You have to pay attention around here.
Class D amps take some meat off of the bone. It can come off as crystal clear, defined, and completely quiet between notes (inky black) but to my ears that sound signature is the result of removing a tiny amount of the music from the source. My guess is that its a product of the output filter, a tiny amount of the good leaving with the bad.
"a tiny amount of the good leaving with the bad."
The bad being "switching frequency noise".

Trouble is, there’s still a lot of the bad left behind, with today’s Class-D topology.

Best, least coloured, fastest, cleanest, most dynamic a Class-A OTL tube amp, trouble is the speakers they love to drive are the "polar opposite" if full range 20hz-20khz.

Cheers George
Transformers provide nonlinear frequency response, not second harmonic distortion. One sucks, the other rocks. Why wouldn't you want to just connect the output devices directly to the speaker? That just sounds smart on it's face!