Best AV receiver to use as an AV pre amp

I want to get another AV receiver, but I want one that has a really good pre section in it so I can also use it well for 2 channel music. I have a Bryston 5B ST that I use for the front 3 channels(and for 2 channel music), but I want to use the internal amps in the receiver for the surround channels only (hence why I can't use *just* a preamp).
I am using my Denon AVR 2808 as the pre now with the Bryston and it is OK, but I feel is really holding it back.
Any suggestions on what would be a go AV receiver that has a great preamp section in it ?
dallyd31
"The NAD is one I have thought of. What about the Anthem ?"

I have heard really good things about the Anthem MRX receivers, both from users and reviewers. Their ARC auto EQ is where it's at(as well as Audyssey MultEQ XT and XT32). I have no personal experience with Anthem so I can't completely endorse them but I can with NAD receivers and their pre/pros.

There are some pretty good deals on a couple of the NAD receivers here on Audiogon.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/receivers-nad-t765hd-home-theater-receiver-with-manufacturer-s-warranty-free-shipping-2013-01-02-miscellaneous-01060-florence-ma

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/receivers-nad-t775-hd-home-theater-receiver-with-manufacturer-s-warranty-2013-01-02-miscellaneous-01060-florence-ma

Also a couple of the Anthem MRX-500's are here for sale but they are in Canada with no implied warranty.

Bill
A 2 channel pre-amo is just one extra component not a separate system but if you do not have room it for then I would consider Marantz and NAD. Even the NAD 748 would probably sound better than the Denon, altgough it does not have room correction.
Reading comprehension capabaility seems to be at a minimum here, with the 2 channel bigots more than a little unsmart.

Let's start with the title: "Best AV receiver to use as an AV preamp" Well duh, where's the 2 channel (or stereo) bit?

He wants to use the outboard amp for front three channels and the internal amps for the rear. Again, you snooty schumks, where's the 2 channe; bit coming from.

Maybe time to actually READ and UNDERSTEND the question before you let your bias and bigotry show through.

Anyway, to the OP - sorry for the nitwit crowd, and there's plenty of Integra's and higher end pieces that should serve you well.
Thanks all. But, the point of this thread was to try ands get some ideas on what people thought was a better AV receiver than my current Denon to use in my situation described above....or will they all sound about the same ans stick with the Denon.
The NAD was mentioned...as was the Marantz in passing. Are these truly better options than my Denon 2808 ? Any other suggestion that folks have had success with that can offer any feedbacl. ?