Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
This is fascinating. Thanks for all this info. I'm a bit perplexed myself, as I've just bought an Eastern Electric minimax integrated and I need some speakers. Small room but I don't want bookshelf speakers. Tekton and Zu keep popping up as the go-to for small wattage amps. They both seem to have flavors. I keep hearing about "too much bass" on the Tekton's, and "flat mid range" on the Zu's. Are there any other options out there, under $999? This is for a second system so I want to keep the investment low.
Not sure where you hear of "flat midrange" on the Zus. I have both the Zu Omen Defs and the Tekton Pendragons, and I much prefer the midrange on the Omen Defs. Granted I have not heard the Omens or Lores, but especially with the Zus, the Omens use the same drivers as the Omen Defs. Both are excellent companies, and Zu offers a 60 day home trial. Every one has different tastes, so take advantage of the home audition and try a pair for yourself. There is nothing like having the speakers in your own house, with your own system, hearing with your own ears!
Do yourself a favor and buy the M-Lores for only $649.00. Save some money. See the Stereomojo and Enjoy thecMusic reviews.