B&W 802 Matrix Series 1 Sound

Hello
I've been reading about B&W speakers for years, but have never owned any....currently I have AR9's, RTA15TLs, Vandy 2 & 3's, among other lessor models...

What do you think the 802 Matrix Series 1 would sound like comparably ? The pair I'm considering a hike away...just trying to get some feel for what to expect. Should I think they'll be similar to the 15TL's ?
mikey44
I agree that the nautilus might be overpriced, but the matrix are relative bargains.
Does anyone think that replacing the caps in the 802 crossover with better quality caps will improve the sound? Im having it done to my pair . There was a problem with the Xover so I figured go for an upgrade, not just a fix. Cheaper than upgrading to the Nautilus 802's. Although I like the N802 looks and they would look great next to a new Panasonic 65" Plasma hanging on the wall between them.
Intermitant noise in the bass drivers, I replaced both drivers and still heard a crackling noise. I spoke to B&W service and they said it was the Xover so sent to a shop and they confirmed it. So going for a complete upgrade to the caps, cause its cheaper than buying the Nautilus 802. We shall see? Check out the Northcreekmusic site and read what the outboard Xovers do.