Denon Service... Yeah or Nay?

I am getting ready to trade my Marantz DV9500 up to a Denon DVD 5910. I have received excellent service from Marantz thru the years and am only trading because the performance of the Denon is so much better. But I have heard from a few that Denon service is, well not good. I have tried contacting them all week via phone and e-mail and no response. Any Denon owners out there wish to share your experiences? It would be greatly appreciated.
128x128theo
I have owned three Denon products and none has needed service. My seven year-old AVR-3300 is still going strong.

Like you, I have heard bad things about Denon customer service over the years. The odds of your ever needing it, however, is slim (knock on wood.)
I sent my 5900 in for the DL3 upgrade. Turn around time was pretty good in my opinion. From the time I shipped the unit until the time I got it back was about 4 weeks. This is my only experience with Denon service. Hopefully, it will be my last.
I`m on my second 3910.I too could not get a hold of Denon so I retuened the first one & my dealer friend gave me another.Now 4 month`s old it has laser pick up issues & stops in the middle of the
disc on 1/2 the dvd`s Ifeed it.Great picture though.Im taking it back next week,maybe I`ll update to the 5910.The service tech says he talks to Denon allthe time.I told him he must have a priorty rating cause I was unable to get a response as you.
Thanks for the input. It seems as though they do not offer any real customer assistance. After owning McIntosh and Marantz I am used to being able to get answer. I only can remember one other manufacturer that I had trouble with and that was Naim. They answered the phone but the arrogance and rude way they handeled my call was enough to say no more Naim. I am hopeing to avoid that with Denon. And if they have treated a prospective customer this way maybe I should rethink this purchase. I just don't know what other Uni-Player in this price range to consider. I wish Marantz would offer a better video display. I compared the DV5910 to the McIntosh MVP861 but the video falls short there as well. Although the audio is superior to Denon. The Escoteric is more than I want to spend and haven't compared the video. Thanks again for all the input.
What ever you do, do not use Inner Sound out of Portland, Or. Take my word for it. Use the guys in Austin Tx.
PYRAMID AUDIO
305 BRAKER LANE
AUSTIN, TX 78753 USA
(512) 458-8292
They fixed my problem quick, and cheap. The other guys had mine a long time and when i got it back, it was not fixed. but I had to pay. Grrr! It went back to them twice at 45 bucks a pop for shipping. I even told them what the problem was. The tech's in Texas said what the problem was after I told them the symptoms. They had it fixed & back to me in 1 week, and paid the return shipping. Not so the other place. Other than that, the player has had no other problems. Good Luck!