upgrade Vandersteen speakers

I have ARC LS17, pair of D240MKII vertically bi-amped ,ARC Litz linc II
speaker/interconnects connected to Vandersteen 2C's and would like
to upgrade . Any suggestions?
gofishdw
IME, Richard Vandersteen has always seemed to be a straight shooter, but saying; things I currently sell are better than things I no longer sell, and things I currently sell for more are better than what I currently sell for less, is cause for pause.;-)
((*IME, Richard Vandersteen has always seemed to be a straight shooter))
Still is...
(((but saying; things I currently sell are better than things I no longer sell, and things I currently sell for more are better than what I currently sell for less, is cause for pause.;))
What part of this dont you understand ?
Its simple
The current Vandersteen 2CE sig2 with the latest Five A mid range and tweeter etc sells for 2395 now in 2012...
A model 3 from 1992 sold for 2395 its the same price and
20 years later progress marches on.
We have em both here old and new...
JohnnyR Vandersteen dealer over 20 years

I understand just fine, I just suggest that whenever anyone hears anyone selling with that line, they pause and consider all the potential motives that might be in play (including the sincere ones).
Lostbears quote,

"I would see if you could borrow a newer amp from your ARC dealer. ARC solid state amps have come a long way since the early 90's and the D240 mkII. I think that would make the most significant change."

I don't know if I would go that far. Have you ever listened to those amps? You might be right, but if the D240 is part of the same line that the D300 & D400's were, I wouldn't be so fast to get rid of them. I've always felt that the 300 & 400's were very underrated. I almost bought a 400 but went with a VT100 instead but I know I would have been happy either way.

Overall, I do think you are correct in that SS has come a long way. I'm just suggesting that even though the amp is old, the sound quality may still be very good.