Thiel CS1.7 loudspeaker

Good Day All,

anyone else here stoked about the re-designed Thiel CS1.7 loudspeaker? Shipping begins next month.
Happy Listening!
jafant
Right On! guys. it would appear that the new CEO is thinking outside of the 'box' w/ competitive prices.
Both CS 1.7 & CS 2.7 are a great bargain, respectively.
I have not looked at the 1.6, 2.4 prices is a couple of years, but it seems like the 1.7 price is a big increase from the 1.6 and the 2.7 is a big increase from the 2.4 The 1.6 was in the mid $2s and the 2.4 in the mid $4s last I looked. Looks like big price increases to me. I have not heard either of the new speakers so I cannot comment on how they compare to speakers in their comparable price ranges. But it seems like their entry level real floor stander is now $4K. That seems like a big change to the product line.
NOS 1.6s are selling for around $2700 or so depending on the cabinet finish...used ones seem to be all over the map from maybe $600 to $1200. 4 grand sticks the 1.7 in a very competitive zone...PMC, Usher, Focal, etc., all have some bitchen' speakers in that price range.
I see things the same way as Dtc (Depository Trust Company?). What once was the entry level line is now selling for more than what the top of the line once cost.
Years ago, my short list was reduced to Thiel CS 2's and the Vandersteen 2's. I spent a little(!) more and went with the Thiels. My old memory might be waning, but it seems as though the original Thiel CS 1's have about quadrupled in price, the original Thiel CS 2'shave about quintupled in price, and the original Vandersteen 2's have about doubled in price. At the current proposed pricing, I'm not so sure I would make the same choice. Of course I haven't heard the latest 1 series Thiels, but those Vandersteen 2's are sure looking like a bargain at the moment.
Well Crutchfield has the 2.7 listed for around $10,000 a pair. I still like my 2.4s and also like the 3.7s but at 10k I don't see the 2.7 selling.

If you can afford 10k you can afford 13 and that is a no brainier. Now at 13k there are lots of great speakers and thiel, while very good does not stand out. They just need a little more bass for my tastes and I keep looking at Wilsons and Revels. Wilsons with better bass and Revels with better highs and bass while the thiels have the best coherence (put the wilsons to shame) and great mids as a total package the other brands have appeal...

Hopefully the above post of 8k for the 2.7 is real and not a rumor.