Sonic Frontiers SFP-1 Upgrades

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has done the parts connection upgrade to a Sonic Frontiers SFP-1 phono section?

I demo'd a Graham Slee Gold Mk. V and was very impressed, so I'm waffling over modding the SFP-1 or selling it for the Slee.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
SLF-2 Pre
SFS-80 Amp
Oracle Delphi MkII w/Rega Rb350 arm and Grado Platnum

Thanks
foohead
If you like image and focus of the music then the SFP-1 is the one. I also like it with Denon DL-103R MC cartridge. I compared my SFP-1 with heavily moded EAR 834P, Quick Silver phono, ASL mini phono. I upgraded my with larger power supply cap. and fast acting diodes. These upgrades improved low frequency punch and pace. My SFP-1 version had similar resistors and caps in the phono section as SFP-1 Sig. from the factory. I use SFL-2 preamp and SF power 2 amp.
I can't really answer your question. I have a Sonic Frontiers SFP-1 Signature that I am about to send out to the Parts Connexion for some upgrading. I have a SF 2 Power Amp and think that the SF components are fine. Everything I have read (there is a fair amount of info on the 'asylum) about Chris Johnson's mods has been very positive. Personally I would think that upgrading the SF and then taking advantage of it's tube rolling abilities would make it worth keeping.

Chris
Letch, keep us inform about the upgrade.
I tried Mullard, Bugle Boys, Amperex orange globe and A frame 6dj8. The big surprise to me was JAN Phillips NOS 6dj8 from PartExpress, these tubes were super quiet and better instrument separations.
I understand the SFP-1 upgrade replaces about 80 parts on the PCB, or was it 80% of the total parts, (good memory eh) and new tubes. I'm not sure if that does the power supply or not, hopefully it does.

Regardles, it sounds like almost a total re-build. I'd have to agree with Nghiep, please let us know how your upgrade works out for you.