Who LOVES their under $ 1000 table combination ?

Okay.....here's the deal. I'm cuerrently driving my Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amp and Vandersteen 1C speakers with an NAD 533 turntable/Rega RB-250 arm/Goldring Elektra cartridge set-up. I was originally toying with the idea of switching to a thick acrylic platter, upgrading the sub-platter, adding shims to change VTA, and replacing the cartridge. .....Then I thought...that's all crazy. I should just buy a whole new set-up. So...what are some recommendations for table/cartridge combo. that will keep me at around $1000.00, sound considerably better than what I have now, and match well with my amp and apeakers ?
adam18
My deal was better than your deal.

VPI HW-19 MK IV with SAMA, TNT platter/bearing and SME III with damping trough, Grado Platinum - $1000

Sold the Grado for $150 so now it's $850.

Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood, new-sealed and a great technical match for the arm, $365.

Total excellence = $1215

The marque isn't the point, the point is checking here obsessively and patiently until you get what you want at the price you want to pay and not a $$$ more.
I purchased a Music Hall MMF-5 ($650-ish) on the strength of numerous reviews which characterized it as the "giant killer" turntable of the last few years and I must say it has delivered the goods! My CDs are collecting dust. The MMF-7 (or 7.1 now) is a step up and close to the $1000 figure give or take a couple of hundred...
I bought two nice Thorens td-165 and find them better than my rega p3 which is now sold. Also have a Systemdek & Ariston tables...all are suspended design & cost between $100 to $300 with carts so I think you can do better than your Nad. Like you I thought about tweaking my Rega with various upgrades but after hearing my first Systemdek I liked the adventure of different designs and looks in turntables. Several have interchangeable headshells and I have one set up with a mono cart. This offers me more flexibility than the Rega upgrade
Hi,

I use a Denon DP 500M TT with the Denon 103R cartridge total cost about $950.00. I love the combo.It tracks well, is very quiet with a black background and has great dynamic range. I fell no need to spend more time or money looking for something better.

I use this with a Project tube box II, Cary SLI80 amp and
Thiel 2.4 speakers. The speakers are especially revealing of any source or ampimperfections.

good listening

Larry
Just purchased an absolutely MINT Philips GA312 for $80.00. Vintage 1975; looks and performs as new. Fitted with New Grado Black (currently breaking in). Everyone who has heard it/seen it wants one, even my die-hard CD friends.